The big declutter 2017: fun new samples to try #5

/
0 Comments

I've been really keen to do another one of these sample clear-outs before the end of the year, since I've somehow found myself with truckloads of smaller items during 2017.

So this will be my last one for 2017, but never fear because I'll be back with more in the new year ; )

As always what I'll do now is introduce each item, then I'll be back with mini reviews once I've used everything. Three of the products in this lot are also large enough for separate, full reviews - so stay tuned for those if you're interested.

In no particular order...


OUiGLO Rich Collagen Face Mask x 3

If you read this blog, you'll know that I'm no friend of sheet masks - they rarely do anything for me; they're expensive for one-use products; and that's also a lot of packaging/material going into a single-use product, so how environmentally friendly can they be? - but I know I'm in the minority there because most people seem to love them.

These ones apparently contain a blend of collagen and fruit extracts to exfoliate gently and give you a dewy glow. Other ingredients include apricot, grapefruit and cucumber. They came from Maslow & Co in our last boxes.

What I plan to do is use one, see how good/bad it is, and then I'll declutter the other two if they don't work for me. We'll see.


L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream

This is described as a super-smoothing and bestselling synergy of 20% shea butter, vitamin e, honey and sweet almond extract, blended with the scent of jasmine. It should absorb well, to help heal and protect dry or dehydrated skin. 

I actually have two of these (the second one isn't pictured) because I thought I'd already reviewed it so I was going to pass on the extra one to a friend, but turns out I haven't so I'll definitely use both and review the formula in the coming weeks. I have used this before so I already know I like it, but it's been ages since I had one so it will be nice to try it again.

Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Moisturising Sunscreen Lotion 

With broad spectrum sun protection and a moisturising formula, this sunscreen claims to guard against harmful UV rays and also nourish your skin. It combines strong UVA and UVB filters that shield the skin from sun damage with a caring formula, containing panthenol and vitamin e to protect the skin from the drying effects of the sun.

I haven't used this before and I'm always in the market for a good sunscreen, so hopefully this one's decent. I'm currently looking for a budget facial sunscreen that isn't too greasy, because although I love my Mecca To Save Face, it costs a bit more and I'd prefer to have a cheaper option that I love just as much.


Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil

This is a special blend of jasmine flower extract and botanical oils, and it should dissolve surface impurities and makeup without disrupting the skin's natural balance. After use, your skin should feel soothed, supple and comfortable.

I'm always up for trying a new cleansing oil so I'm excited about this product. And lucky me, I have two of them! I have a vague memory of trying it before and really enjoying it, but I suspect this was before I started blogging. So because I have 30ml of product to try, I'll be doing a separate full review of this item also. Looking forward! 


Asap Gentle Cleansing Gel

This is described as a light-lathering, soap-free cleanser that's formulated to gently and thoroughly cleanse the skin. It removes makeup and excess oil, while maintaining the skin's natural moisture balance. It's suitable for all skin types and perfect for sensitive skin. 

I've used quite a few Asap samples over the years and they've all come from Adore Beauty, as this one did. There's 15ml in the tube, which is more than enough to get a good feel for a cleanser so I'll definitely do a separate review of this product. I do also need to get through some cleansers so it will be nice to send another one packing.

Goldwell Kerasilk Repower Volume Shampoo 

This is described as a gentle, lightweight and cleansing shampoo formulated with keratin and elastin. It apparently offers the ideal foundation for body and fullness with colour protection. 

This came as a freebie in a Beautyheaven Beautorium haul, and as you may know, I really hate receiving haircare without its partner (so in this case, the matching conditioner). I just don't think you can test items properly unless you have both, which is why I've thrown this product into one of these declutters - I'll be able to give it a mini review but that's it.
  

Ren Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial and Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask

These products don't need much introduction because they're well-loved in the beauty community, and for good reason: they're both fantastic.

I've reviewed the Flash Rinse here. It calls itself a transforming treatment that instantly revitalises and visibly rejuvenates the skin, and it should leave skin looking firm, toned and smoothed. It also claims to reduce the signs of fatigue. Happily I can confirm that it does those things, and I'm pleased to have the product back in circulation again after finishing mine earlier in the year.

I've reviewed the Glycolactic product here. It's described as a potent bio active peel mask that's designed to refresh and renew the complexion, reduce fine lines and dramatically improve skintone, firmness and radiance. I just used it again this morning after finishing my full size a few months ago, and I was pleased to find that I love it just as much as I always did.

Both these samples came in Mecca Beauty Loop boxes and I'm glad I received them because it's delayed me buying them again.

In sum

That's all from me! I'm looking forward to using these and I'm especially looking forward to clearing out more smaller items from the cupboard - I have too many!

I'll check back in soon with mini reviews of everything, so stay tuned for those if you're interested.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.