Another beauty blogger tag

/
0 Comments

Well I've been up since 1am feeding my newborn son (that's right, consistently - for almost ten hours) and this is my first break of more than a few minutes, so I wanted to sit down and write something. Obviously I'm feeling somewhat fried in the head after all that and none of the reviews I have in draft are calling my name, which sounds like a good time for another one of these tag posts.

I do like reading others' tag posts and also doing them myself: they're a good way to get to know someone a little more and also have a giggle over common ground. Plus I don't need to think too hard, which is exactly what the doctor ordered today ; )




Have you ever done yoga and did you like it?


I have, and no. No I did not. Yoga to me feels a bit like golf - not really a sport or a walk (yes, I'm one of those 'golf spoils a nice walk' people).

I do mindfulness meditation and I love it. I do regular exercise and I love it. Yoga to me feels like something that's somewhere in the middle of these and it doesn't hit either mark well. Whatever floats your boat and all that, but I would rather sit and meditate or get up and go for a run. Yoga just doesn't gel with me.

What products do you splurge on?

Generally good skincare first and foremost, and after that, good powders: setting powders, blushes and eyeshadow. Things like lipstick etc I reckon you can save your pennies on because you can find some great ones at the chemist/drugstore and I don't put as much value into fancy lipsticks. Sure they're nice to have, but I'm just as happy with my budget buys.

When it comes to powders, however: I have dry skin that's over 30, so bad powders make me look and feel older and drier, meaning I'm more likely to go for the fancy stuff because, in general, that works best for my skin.


What products do you save on?

Lipsticks (for the reasons mentioned above), brow products (my brows grow like never-ending weeds so most of my time is spent plucking them, not filling them) and mascara (because why would I spend the big bucks on something that needs to be tossed in a few months - particularly when many awesome budget options exist).

I also tend to buy cheaper body and hair products because I would rather spend my dough on good skincare.

What is your best tip for maintaining healthy skin?

Wear sunscreen. Eat well. Stay hydrated.

What do you use to remove your makeup?

I'll use a budget makeup remover or micellar water because I don't want my special cleansers to be 'wasted' as makeup removers - I would rather they be skin cleansers. You can also pick up some budget oils (whether dedicated cleansing oils or just coconut oil) that work well for makeup removal and don't break the bank.


How do you maintain your eyebrows (example, threading/waxing)?

Plucking. I need to pluck the damn things every day. If I don't, they look like a forest within 48 hours. I'm not kidding. It's an endless source of amusement for my husband.

They grow so much and so, ahem, bountifully, that it's not cost-effective for me to spend money on things like waxing sessions. We'd be broke. Due to eyebrow maintenance. There's a first for everything (!).

What is your favourite mascara?

High end: Too Faced Better Than Sex. Hate the name, love the product.

Budget: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. That stuff is indeed sensational. I love it even more than Too Faced's offering.

Where do you buy most of your makeup?

I buy a lot of stuff online, but Mecca is where I buy most of my fancier makeup. Mecca carries brands I love (like Hourglass) and you can't beat being able to try something in-store so you know whether it works for you. I like Mecca much better than Sephora (better customer service, for starters) so I'm more likely to spend my money there because I'd prefer to support them.


What is your favourite shade of lipstick?

Coral. I can't get enough of that colour in lip products and blushes especially. I also love purple lipstick, but that's not something I wear every day.

What is your favourite perfume?

Oooh that's hard. La Dolce Vita by Dior. La Vie Est Belle by Lancome. Chanel Chance (the original pink version).

If I had to pick one, La Dolce Vita. I've run out and I really need to get another one. I miss it. It's one of those scents that just makes me happy whenever I smell it.


In sum

That's it! Super pleased I was able to sneak this in today - I didn't think I'd have the chance!

You're meant to tag other bloggers, but as usual, I tag anyone who wants to have a go at these questions.

Wishing you a lovely Melbourne Cup Day and hope you pick a winner xx


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.