Pan that Palette update: October 2016

/
0 Comments

I've been really looking forward to writing this update post for the month because I know I've made some good progress on my powders, and I couldn't wait to see the before and after shots alongside each other. Plus I've been excited about sharing my progress with you guys because some items are starting to look like they mightn't last out the year. Woot woot!

So without further ado, here's the progress I've made this month:


My Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit is one of those products that doesn't show progress readily and also seems to last for ages. That's a good thing because it ain't cheap and it's one of my favourite products of all time, but I am looking to move it out of my collection because it's getting old and I'm keen to try other things from the brand.

Here's how it looked at the end of September:


And here's where it is now, at the end of October:



It's hard to see what progress I've made but I promise there's some! Both powders look flatter and I'm not too far away from hitting pan on the edge of Radiant Light (right).

I expect this palette to last well into 2017, and I'll certainly keep using it until it's all gone.

Here's the progress in my Makeup Geek Travel Vault, which contains a bronzer and six eyeshadows that I'm working on (the seventh being Bubbly from Stila In The Light, which I'm not attempting to pan just yet):


First up, my Gorgeous Cosmetics bronzer. Here's where it was at the end of September:


And here's where it is now:


As you can see, I've made some good progress and it's really starting to crumble now: in part because I've already had to repress it once and in part because the powder isn't great quality. It looks nice-enough on the skin, but it keeps developing a crust that I have to remove. Coupled with the fact that it keeps flaking away, I'm moving through this relatively quickly and hope it's done by Christmas.

Next up, my Stila shadows from the In The Light palette. Here's where Bare and Bliss were at the end of September:


And here's where they are now:


Thankfully I've now hit pan on Bare, and I've had to re-press Bliss twice or three times now because it's starting to crumble, so I've probably made a little more progress on that than it seems in the photos. Other panners warn that shadows start to crumble after a while and make things difficult, and that's definitely been my experience too. 

I would love to finish both these shades by the end of the year but I mightn't make it. I think I'm slower than most when it comes to getting through eyeshadows (as opposed to bronzers and blushes) because I really don't use much each time, so Pan that Palette is definitely challenging for me!

Next up, Stila's Sandstone. Here's where it was one month back: 


And here's where it is now:


There's a bigger dip in the middle now but I can see this shadow lasting out next year because I really don't use much each time. I've been mixing it with either Bare or Bliss to use on my brows (it's a bit dark and not ashy enough on its own) so it is getting used daily, but it's pigmented so it's going to take some time to get through.

As for my Nars shadows, they're newer inclusions and here's where they were last month:


And here's where they are now:


All three are showing some good dips in the middle, which makes me happy but I know they're in for the long haul because there's over 2g of product in each pan. Yikes! I've definitely got my work cut out for me!  

In sum

While it's been a good month for Pan that Palette, I'd like to do better in November and find ways to use more of my products per application. So eg Bare I could also use to set my under-eyes and Bliss might also work as a contour shade for the face. I'll play around with the other items too and see if I can't find fresh ways to use them. Wish me luck!

Speak soon xx


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.