Fun new things to play with 2018 #2

/
0 Comments

I finally got my July sachet post up yesterday, which means I can finally start using these larger samples.

As you may know, I do one of these sample posts every now and then - just to make sure I don't get lost in the smaller stuff. Thankfully I haven't had a huge amount of smaller stuff this year (probably because I've been on spending bans), so this is only the second sample post I've done in 2018 and I won't be surprised if there's not another one until next year.

Let's have a quick look at what I'll be testing over the next month or two.


Cremorlab TEN Cremor Mineral Treatment Essence

This claims to restore your skin's suppleness and natural moisture balance. It contains minerals to deliver hydration, reduce wrinkles, tighten pores, brighten the complexion and refine the skin's texture. 

I've had some pretty good luck with essences in my time and I would like to buy myself one at some point, although I'm not sure if this is the one for me because the full size is $80 AUD. Mind you, it contains 270ml of product so I can see it lasting me a year - meaning that it's good value at least. We'll see.


Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

With multiple major awards, this cult-favorite bestseller feels luxuriously dense in the jar, and feels incredibly soft and silky-light on your skin. Pros love the super smooth application: goes on evenly, blends effortlessly, provides great wear. Sets makeup without adding weight or texture.

Yes, it's the fabled Laura Mercier setting powder. I've wanted to try this for years so I made sure to buy myself one before Laura Mercier left Australia, and while I do have a full-size, I decided to start with this sample size - just in case it doesn't work for me and I would prefer to give the large one to someone else. Can't wait to try it!


Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Bare Naked

A high-shine, perfectly pigmented lip gloss with rich, long-lasting colour and brilliant shine that creates the appearance of fuller lips. Any skintone is virtually enhanced by creating a subtle contrast in texture. With a unique blend of moisturising, anti-ageing, antioxidant and plumping ingredients, the non-sticky gloss formula applies smoothly without feathering or bleeding. 

This came in the same GWP (along with the powder) and I haven't heard anything about Laura Mercier's lip glosses so I'll be pleased to try it. As you may know, I don't bother with high-end glosses because I love NYX's Butter Glosses so much, but this doesn't mean that I don't like trying fancy ones sometimes ; )


Hourglass Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick in Vanish Flash

Create an instant flash of glow with these cream highlighter sticks in a smooth, weightless texture designed to give you an instant seamless highlight. Long-wearing, innovative formula blends effortlessly into the skin, while soft-focus technology creates a flash of light for a virtually perfect highlight every time.

This came in a Mecca Beauty Loop box and I've been meaning to try it for a while, it's just that I don't normally use cream highlighters so it makes sense for me to bring one into this post: that way I'll force myself to use it. I've heard good things about the formula so I'll be interested to see how it goes.


Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment

Kate Somerville's signature facial can now be performed at home to reveal a glowing and fresh complexion. See dramatically smoother, brighter, healthier-looking skin after just one treatment.

Full review here. This is an old favourite of mine so I was pleased to see it show up in a recent Mecca Beauty Loop box. It polishes and refines the skin beautifully, and it's not too harsh for me personally - although I can only use it once a week at most. Can't wait to have it in circulation again. It's a cult-favourite for a reason.


Inika Loose Mineral Blush in Peachy Keen

Our blush powder is extraordinarily soft, and unlike many other mineral makeup companies, Inika products are free of cheap fillers and nasty chemicals. Our mineral blush is free of oil, alcohol, talc, fillers, fragrance, preservatives and chemical dyes - so it's great even for sensitive skin. Plus you're receiving nothing but pure pigment, which means a little goes a long way, and it lasts all day!

This came as a GWP and I'm always up for trying another peach blush so I'm looking forward to testing this one. I don't love how much shimmer it contains so I may end up passing it on, but I'll at least try it to see how it goes.


Nip+Fab Kale Fix Dry Skin Moisturiser

This is described as a superfood powerhouse complex of kale, watercress and almond oil that enriches skin with deep vitamin nourishment and protects against external aggressions that can cause dry skin. Concentrated aloe vera and shea butter help to further soothe and improve skin texture, providing long-lasting hydration.

I haven't tried much from this brand but I know that a lot of people swear by some of its products, so I'll be interested to see how this goes. It's designed for dry skin (which I have) and it's currently winter, so I'm hoping that it's the right moisturiser for me to use right now.


Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

A cult-favourite for the skincare expert and novice alike, this powerful blend of AHAs and BHAs refines and resurfaces like no other for your smoothest, most radiant complexion yet.

Now the full-size of this product retails for $196 AUD, and that's getting pretty ridiculous in my opinion. Even my HG Lancome serum doesn't retail for that much, so this product would want to be damn amazing for that price. We'll see. I'm sure it's good, but I'll be surprised if it's that good.

In sum

That's all from me. I'm looking forward to trying all the items in here, and I'll report back in a few weeks once I've used everything and can give you my mini reviews.

I'll also do full reviews of any sample in here that's large enough to warrant a review, so stay tuned for that if you're interested.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.