Project Pan 2018: July update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my next Project Pan update for the year.

As you can see above, I've finished my NYX Butter Gloss (Raspberry Tart) and NYX Turnt Up! Lipstick (Free Spirit), although note that I only got halfway through Free Spirit before deciding to declutter it: it travels outside lip lines and also along vertical lines, plus it doesn't wear well and it emphasises lip texture. Definitely time to send it to a better home. I'm calling it finished for these purposes because I've given it a good crack.

Also, I didn't bother scraping out the bottom of the Butter Gloss (the bit the applicator can't reach) because I got sick of this colour towards the end. While I've always scraped things clean in the past with these Butter Glosses, this time I let myself off the hook so I could focus on something else.


 As for the rest of my list:

  • Becca First Light Priming Filter
  • Inika Certified Organic Pure Primer with Hyaluronic Acid
  • MUFE Ultra HD Foundation in Y305
  • Natio Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Neutral
  • Australis Matchmaker Shade Adjusting Drops (Lightening)
  • Becca Tinted Eye Primer
  • Urban Decay Anti-ageing Eyshadow Primer Potion
  • Laura Mercier Baked Powder in Highlight 01
  • The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10%
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Raspberry Tart
  • NYX Turnt Up! Lipstick in Free Spirit
  • Pur-lisse Blue Lotus Seed Mud Mask
  • RCMA No Colour Powder
  • Graydon Hair Smoothie

So I finished six products this month and I have eight left, which allows me to introduce two new items: see below.

Let's have a quick look at each product in turn.

First up, my Laura Mercier highlighter, as it was last month:


And here's how it's looking now: 


The reason why I suddenly have a huge dent in this product is because, during July, I finally removed around 1g to put in my franken-palette of popular shades (for future comparison swatches) - which I've been promising I'll do since the beginning of the year.

So I've done that now and it's given me a little push in the right direction, although this thing is still taking me ages to get through and at the moment it's looking like I won't finish it this year. Mind you, once summer comes I'll be able to use it across more areas of my body - so I'm still hopeful that I might just pan it by Christmas.


My Becca primer is a newer inclusion but I've still managed to make some progress in the last week or two. I absolutely love this product so it's a pleasure to pan, and while I'll regret finishing it because I'll just want to buy it again, I do want to get through it because it's the oldest primer I own. I suspect it will last me three to four months of daily use. We'll see.

The MUFE foundation moved more slowly this month and I do think that's because I've been playing with my other foundations more often than usual. Reason being, we've had a lot of engagements on during July - so I've wanted to reach for one of my two HG foundations when we've gone out. I'll try to knuckle down more this month, and I'll aim to finish the product by the end of September. Fingers crossed.


I've forgotten how long I've been panning my Inika primer and unfortunately I can't see through the bottle, and even though I can unscrew the nozzle, it's one of those pressure bottles that pumps fluid upward with time so I can't see how much I have left. While that's annoying, I'm not too upset about it because I love this primer and I'm in no rush to finish it. It's a great one for winter because it's so hydrating and it layers beautifully with the Becca primer.

As for my Australis Whitening Drops, I'm plugging away slowly at these while I pan the MUFE foundation, and it's currently looking as though they'll run out at around the same time - a good thing, because my other two foundations need darkening rather than whitening so it'd be good to pan these now while I have a use for them. Looks like I have around two months to go. 


My Urban Decay eye primer is starting to get there slowly, and if I keep at it, I should be able to pan it within two to three months. I'm really looking forward to that because I need a better eye primer, it's just that this one isn't quite bad enough that I'm prepared to turf it. What I may do, though, is accept it as finished once I can't easily remove any from the tube: I won't cut the tube open. A treat for myself ; ) 

As for my Becca eye primer (which I'm instead using mixed in with my sunscreen as a glowy base because it's a rubbish eye primer), I really thought I would finish it during July - but as you can see, I didn't quite get there. It'll be gone this month. Hooray.


And finally, my Natio tinted moisturiser. I'll need to review this product during August because it looks like I'll finish it this month, and when I do that I'll be reviewing the other two shades I own at the same time. 

It's one of those tinted moisturisers that doesn't add any coverage but instead 'dyes' the skin a slightly different colour (like a tint), and while that's ok because I bought the three shades to be mixers, it has limited what I can do with them. I plan to pan the shade Tan after this one in Neutral. Beige I will keep for mixing because it's the most yellow of the three.

As for my replacements:


I've chosen a lip gloss and a bronzer. The lip gloss I picked because I've used a good amount of it already so it shouldn't take too long to finish, and the bronzer I picked because I'm keen to see if I can pan another bronzer this year.

Indeed, if you read this blog then you'll know that I've already managed to pan three bronzers in 2018, although that's because I already had a huge amount of progress showing on each of them before I started. This one's different, and it will be a long process.
   

First up, my Marc Jacobs gloss in Rah Rah! (reviewed here). Everyone loves these glosses but I find the formula to be drying and uneven. Both shades I own are patchy and sit in lip lines, plus they travel outside my lips to boot. Blurgh.

I've got about one third left of the original 5ml, and I'm hoping to finish it this month. Fingers crossed. I pan glosses quickly so I'm hopeful.
  

Last up, my Bobbi Brown bronzer in Medium 2. This isn't a terrible product but it's my least-favourite bronzer so I'd like to pan it and replace it with another matte formula that I prefer.

I haven't reviewed it yet but I will in the months to come. It's finely milled but it's also quite dry and I prefer a creamier formula, and it's not my favourite colour either. Looking forward to getting some progress happening.

In sum

That's all from me. I've had a reasonable panning month but I'm not sure what August will be like, given I'm panning some products that are quite obviously going to last until September at least.

Still, my next makeup inventory is due at the end of September - so as long as I weed out a few more things by then, I'll be happy. Fingers crossed.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.