Project Pan 2018 mini update #20

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to another Project Pan mini update for the year!

I'm pleased to report that I've finished this Lactic Acid 10% from The Ordinary, and while I was able to find a use for it as a mask (it was too potent for me as a serum that you leave on the skin), I'm glad it's finished because I have too many face masks at the moment and need to get through some of them.

There's my marker:


So I was able to finish it within two months, and although there wasn't much left, it did take me a while because I had another couple of masks on my list and I finished those before this one.

As for my replacement, I did have a different product lined up than the one I ended up choosing, but I opened the below product recently and I have reasons for including it next, which I'll go into shortly.


It's my Natio Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Neutral. As you may know, I bought three of these in Pricline's makeup sale last year for the purpose of mixing - one's too pale (this one), one's very yellow and one's too dark - and I opened them recently to see how they worked.

What I discovered is that none of them has enough coverage to be mixed together and worn as a stand-alone tinted moisturiser (they're more like those tints that only dye the skin), and while the other two work well as mixers, this one's too pink-toned so I need to find some other way to get through it.

While initially I was mixing it with my facial sunscreen to make that last longer, what I've now discovered is that it works well with the (dark) Becca eye primer I'm currently panning as a mixer because I can mix them and get a bronze-y primer that also contains sunscreen. 

This works for me because there's often a good hour or two between when I apply my facial sunscreen and when I have time to start doing my makeup, so I like that I can use this to boost my sun protection for another hour or two.

There's how much I've used (not much):


As you may know, I'm currently panning another primer from Inika, but I like that one mainly for hydration so I'll go in with this Natio mix first, and then I'll apply the Inika product because that also functions well as a primer, given the tacky (but not greasy) finish. 

And since this Natio product has a greasy finish, I find that the Inika manages that issue while this product adds the extra sunscreen I need - and when mixed with the Becca product (which is very dark and very golden), I get a nice little glow under my makeup that evens my skintone a bit and means that I need to apply less of my actual foundation.

Since I like panning this product so much in this way, what I may end up doing is panning another one of these Natio tinted moisturisers in the same way after finishing this one. The shade Beige (which is too dark for me and also very yellow) makes a good foundation darkener, while the shade Tan does darken but it's not yellow enough for me so it will make a good primer/sunscreen base as we eventually move into warmer weather and my complexion deepens up a shade or two.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.