Sachet city: July 2018

/
0 Comments

I've been meaning to write this post for ages, it's just that it hasn't been the most urgent one on my list so it's fallen to the wayside until now.

Plus I had so many issues editing the photos for this post (long story about a photo-editing program that's been throwing a tanty), that in the end it took me over a week just to edit all the shots. Argh!

But here we are, so let's get stuck into it.


Synergie Skin ultimate A and reVeal Serums

I received both these sachets from my GP's surgery and I'll have to ask her what they cost, because I liked them both.

The first is described as a powerful, essential night serum designed to help regulate skin processes. The key ingredient, vitamin A (as stabilised retinol) is active, gentle and penetrative, addressing skin concerns without irritation.

I really liked it. As you may know, I've had huge issues with retinol (it tends to dry me out and deaden my skin, even after one use), but this one was great: it was smooth and silky, plus it absorbed beautifully into my face and didn't give me any adverse effects. 

The second is described as an AHA/BHA exfoliating serum that improves texture, tone and hydration. It should improve surface skin texture, remove dead skin cells, clarify and also reduce the appearance of pigmentation.

I really liked this one too, and although it was only a sachet, I can certainly see how it would help with skin texture and dead skin cells over time: it's one of those mild chemical exfoliating products that smooths and brightens the skin without the use of harsh grains. It's definitely on the list of potentials.


Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance

This is described as an ultra-rich hydrating moisturiser for dry skin that should help maintain a healthy and youthful appearance. It claims to be an intensely nourishing moisturiser that's full of powerful anti-ageing antioxidants and hydrators, to smooth skin and protect it from environmental aggressors.

This was one of those products that I barely remember because it was neither very good nor very bad, although I do recall that it wasn't very hydrating and I expected it to be, given the title. I also find that most Dermalogica samples are too small to give me a good idea of what the products are like, and that was certainly the case with this one. In any event, I wouldn't recommend this because the full size costs $98 AUD: you don't need to spend that much to get a decent moisturiser!

Aesop Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating Cream

This is described as a daily moisturising cream for sensitive or very dry skin-types. Apparently this extensively researched formulation omits many known aggravators of sensitive skin, including conventional artificial preservatives. The complex blend of nut and plant extracts is instantly absorbed, providing maximum hydration where it's most needed.

I quite liked this and it was certainly a lot more hydrating than the Dermalogica product. It has a nice nutty scent and it spread and absorbed well, although some of it still sat on top of the skin and left a tacky finish so it won't be for everyone. It was also rather heavy so I would avoid this if you don't like heavy creams, but if you have dry skin then it might be worth testing.


Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrier 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturiser & Serum

This is a moisturiser and serum rolled into one, and it was apparently developed to effectively target dehydration, loss of firmness and elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles while prepping skin for makeup.

I really didn't like this product and I've seen from the reviews that I'm not the only one. You would think that it'd be super hydrating but in fact it left my skin feeling rather parched - and while the silicone it contains had a smoothing effect, I don't want that in my skincare. I want something that brightens, plumps and hydrates. This doesn't.

Goldfaden MD Needle-less

This is described as a line-smoothing concentrate to reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep creases. It claims to be an effective alternative to botox and other surgical procedures.

This wasn't unlike the Kate Somerville product in that I expected it to be hydrating and it wasn't, plus it wasn't plumping or smoothing either. It's had some polarising reviews on Mecca's website (and on other sites), and I honestly felt that it did nothing for me except leave my skin feeling rather parched. Plus it costs a whopping $168 AUD. Blurgh.


Sachajuan Moisturising Shampoo & Conditioner

These are described as 'reengineered' products that are designed for dry hair. They're apparently intensive, moisturising products for dry, bleached or highlighted hair.

I got one use from the samples and they were ok, but they certainly weren't $38 AUD (each) ok. Plus I needed to wash my hair three times with the shampoo to get it feeling clean, and the conditioner wasn't that potent so my hair was rather knotty after use. Indeed, I'm yet to be convinced that fancy haircare is any better than the cheaper stuff you can find in the chemist or supermarket - and these two sachets only confirmed that view.


Stila Colour Balm Lipstick in Aubrey, Jessie & Elyssa

I did a swatches/first impressions post on this sample card this morning (see here). Overall I didn't hate the formula but it contains too much peppermint oil so it's irritating for my lips because I'm intolerant to that ingredient, and I didn't like it anyway because although it didn't emphasise lip texture, it didn't minimise my lip lines either.

Otherwise the formula was fine and it should suit those who prefer a less opaque lip, but I don't think you need to spend this much ($31 AUD each) to get something like this - you're just as likely to find something even better in the pharmacy/drugstore.

In sum

I can't tell you how pleased I am to finally get this sachet city post done: I've honestly been sitting on it for over a month now and I didn't want things to go any longer - otherwise I would have forgotten what the products were like.

While I've previously found some good products via my sachet posts, this time around the only ones I would consider buying are those from Synergie Skin, and I need to find the prices of those before I put them on the list of potentials.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.