Project Dent 2018 update: Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder

/
0 Comments

Well, this round of Project Dent was held up slightly by the weather because I haven't been around when the sun's been shining over the past week (and it hasn't been shining much anyway), so I couldn't take any progress shots until today.

Above and below (the below shot is enhanced for clarity) show my bronzer as it was on the 26th of June 2018:


So I've now been denting it for fifteen days, and I didn't use it today because I was keen to move on to something else.

You'll note with this bronzer that it was looking a little sad to start with because only the first pan of the four minis came out easily, whereas the others all suffered some damage. Unfortunately it's now suffered even more damage, but I'll go into that below.

There it is again, just over two weeks ago:


And here's how it's looking now:


Here's what happened to it. First, that whole upper chunk above the second Hoola 'o' lifted clean out of the pan in the top left. I then had to crush that up and use it loose, which took me a good few days.

Plus a couple of smaller chunks flew out of the pan below it and also the one beside it, so obviously I didn't do a great job when I re-pressed them. What I'd done is taken the broken bits of the pans that cracked, and crushed/re-pressed and smoothed them over the damaged pans, hoping that would be the end of the original damage. It wasn't, although we might be at the end of it now (maybe!).

Also, I managed to drop my brush into the only pan that came out undamaged (bottom right): that's why it's now sporting a large skid-mark. I mean, of course I had to drop my brush into that particular pan. Why oh why couldn't I have at least dropped it into one that was already damaged?

Moving on.

Now for the enhanced shots.

Fifteen days ago:


And today:


Obviously I've made progress, but it's hard to say how much of that progress came from solid use and how much came from the beating that this poor bronzer has sustained over the denting period.

What I can say, however, is that I've enjoyed using it and I'm looking forward to using it more later in the year. Indeed, at the moment I'm working out whether I want to pan this or my Bobbi Brown bronzer next. 

While I prefer the colour and the formula of this one so I do want to keep it in my collection a little longer, it also doesn't blend well unless I've powdered my tinted moisturiser more than I want to, so it's not a perfect product and I may have to stick with the Bobbi Brown bronzer, as originally planned. We'll see.

Now, to choose my next item for Project Dent...

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.