Skincare low buy 2018

/
0 Comments

Well, I kicked off this morning with the reinstatement of my 2018 makeup no buy for three months (see that post here), after which I'll allow myself to buy a couple of festive releases if anything takes my fancy before looking at doing a makeup low buy for 2019.

As for my skincare no buy (which I was on for six months before June 2018), I've decided to switch to a low buy because I have enough things that I'll run out of soon enough so it makes more sense for me to limit spending in this area, rather than stop it altogether.


Here are my low buy plans and boundaries:

  • I will limit my skincare spending for the rest of the year (ie six months), after which time I'll consider continuing the low buy into 2019, depending on how my collection is looking.
  • My aim will be to spend no more than $100 on skincare per month, which sounds like a lot (it is), unless you live in Australia and realise just how much things cost here. For example, if I want to replace my almost-finished HG Lancome serum, which I do, there's $100 gone already.
  • If in any month I spend less than $100 (eg $75), then next month my budget will be $125. Same goes if I spend more than $100 (eg $130); if so, my budget next month will be $70.
  • The low buy doesn't include gift cards. So if someone gives me a $50 gift card to spend, I can use that and still have $100 credit for that month. I'm including this provision because I currently have six $20 gift cards that I can use at two different online retailers, so that money won't go towards my total but will instead be in addition to it.
  • My skincare money should go towards those things that I'm running out of. For example, at the moment I'm low on toner and need another one asap. I'm also relatively low on plain serums and plain moisturisers (by 'plain', I mean those that don't contain active ingredients), so I should prioritise those things over the stuff that I have too much of (eg masks).
  • 'Skincare' includes facial skincare only. It does not include body care or hand, foot or lip care.
  • As for reporting, I guess it would be a good idea to check in at the end of each month and let you know what I've spent. Accountability and all that. So do expect monthly posts for the rest of the year.


I haven't done a low buy before so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Presumably it's easier to do one of these than it is to do no buys, but you never know. Sometimes leaving the door open a little can lead to the whole 'give me an inch and I'll take a mile' situation. Fingers crossed that's not the case.

I also wanted to note briefly that I've been having huge problems with my photo-editing program. That is, ever since the last automatic update (don't you love 'em ; )), the screen goes black 95% of the time when I select a photo to edit, then the whole program shuts down. This means it's almost impossible to get an entire set of photos edited. Argh! So while that's going on, I'm working with posts like this one that don't require any photo editing. That's not going to keep me going for long though...

Fingers crossed for me that the photo drama sorts itself out soon, and that the low buy is even easier than the no buy was. 

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.