Project Dent 2017 update: GA-DE GD Idyllic Soft Satin Eyeshadow Palette in 34 Golden Savannah

/
0 Comments

Back on the 27th of March, I introduced this eyeshadow quad into Project Dent (see original post here).

Since then I've used it every day for ten days, and while I'd normally 'dent' something for a slightly longer period, I've had more than enough of it so I'm going to finish off this round of Project Dent now. 


If you're interested in hearing my thoughts on this quad, I've just reviewed it here.

In brief, I find this palette confusing because it contains all satins/shimmers in varying degrees of gold (so no mattes), meaning it's not something I personally can use on its own. Plus two of the shades look very similar on the eye and the other two don't show up well, meaning that there aren't enough shadows in this palette that serve a good purpose/do enough work on their own.

Anyhoo. Let's have a look at how I went in terms of denting it.

Here's how my quad looked on 27 March, ten days ago now:


As you can see, I'd barely touched it before introducing it to Project Dent.

You should also be able to tell that the shade in the top left has developed hard-pan: it did this on the second or third use. Not good enough!

And here's how it looks today, 7th April, after ten days' use:


Below I've enhanced the photo for clarity so you can better-see progress:


So, you should be able to see movement in all four shades and also the hard-pan that's now developed on the shade in the top right.

You may also notice on the darkest shade (top left) that there's some crumbling at the bottom of the pan, and indeed the shadows are quite crumbly so - coupled with the hard-pan issue - I'm questioning both the quality of these shadows and also how old the palette was when I opened it (six months ago now). Indeed, it was an unexpected GWP so I'm asking myself whether it was old stock and Beautybay was trying to get rid of it.

You can also tell that the shade in the bottom left has been flaking off a bit, and I've attempted to press it back in with my finger (which I can do because, unlike the hard/gritty shades in the top row, it's soft and creamy). That's why the surface looks uneven.

All in all, this wasn't a great round of Project Dent because I couldn't get a good look from either of the quads I've been denting (the other is a Burberry quad; update and review coming soon) - whether alone or combined with each other - and I needed to bring in other shadows to get looks I was happy with.

I don't have anything else to add for now except that I'm looking forward to throwing this quad into a panning project and seeing the back of it. I reckon I can pan it relatively quickly, given the crumbling issues and the hard-pan that I keep having to scratch off, and also the fact that two of the shades barely show up so I can use a lot of them each time.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon.


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.