Project Dent 2017 update: Burberry Complete Eye Palette in No. 07 Pink Taupe

/
0 Comments

Hello all and welcome to my next Project Dent update for the month. As you may know, this month I've been focusing on two eye quads for Project Dent and this is one of them.

If you would like to see my Project Dent intro post on this quad, it's here.

And if you would like to see the other product I dented this month, my update post is here.


I prefer to keep these update posts pretty short, but I wanted to briefly comment on this round of Project Dent because it was my toughest yet. You may remember my mentioning that I wanted to dent two quads at the same time because I couldn't get a good look from either of them alone, and I thought they would work well together.

While they did in theory work together because the products looked good next to each other in the pans, in practice neither quad was good enough to 'lift' the weight of its partner and so I had to reach for other palettes. 

Plus it wasn't easy to get these to look good on my eye (they both had a steep learning curve when it came to using them), so I was ready to throw in the towel by about day five but I did persist and at least I can say that I've made a good start on both.

I say 'start' because they're both heading for Pan that Palette, whether this year or next. I don't want to keep them in my collection.


Anyway. Here's how my quad looked as of 29 March:


And here's how it looks now, 12 April, after two weeks' daily use:


I've enhanced the above photo below so you can better-see progress:


As you can see, I've definitely made a dent in this palette - the pale highlight shade in particular. This is because I applied it wet and packed it on a couple of times, in an attempt to get it to show up well on my eyes (I failed).

You may also notice that a bit of the mauve/dusty rose shade has flaked off (at the bottom of the pan): this is because I tried depotting these but they wouldn't budge even a little bit when I slid my instrument down the side of the pan, and a bit of this shade flaked out during the process and so I gave up.

The green shade is showing less progress because I couldn't use it - it wouldn't look green on me, just a drab, dirty and unflattering grey - and the brown shade is of course the darkest so I apply less of that one each time.

If you would like to see my review of this palette, it's here.

In brief, while the formula of these shadows is just gorgeous because they're so smooth and silky (they might be the silkiest powders I own), I've given the quad a 'disappointing products' tag because I can't get a good look from it when I use it alone, and the green and highlight shades just don't show up on me - so that's half the palette that's basically unusable as eyeshadows (unless I use them as mixers, and I can use the highlight shade on the face).

That's all from me for now. I'll just need to pick out my next product for Project Dent: let's hope it's better than this one!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.