Pan that Palette 2018: September update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to September's Pan that Palette update!

It's been a reasonable month for me and I've made some good progress on all three of the items that I'm panning.

Do note now that I'll probably be winding up my challenge by the end of November because I'd like to give myself some free time before kicking off Pan that Palette 2019 - and if I can wind it up even earlier than that, I will. 

I plan to close this year's challenge down when I pan both the Hourglass and Burberry palettes - and I'm getting close now!

Let's have a look.


First up, the one that's been killing me: my Burberry quad. As you may know, I'm not panning the dusty rose shade because I like that one and I plan to re-press it into another pan so I can put it in one of my custom palettes - but first I need to finish the rest of it.

Here's how it looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


I was hoping to finish this palette in September and although I didn't quite get there, I think it's safe to say that I'll get there next month.

I'm panning the two remaining shades combined to make my brow colour (because the green is a muddy grey in practice that cools down the brown), and I'll do everything in my power to kick these out in October. 

After that, this palette is done. Can't wait!

Next, my Hourglass palette. There's how it looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


Well, I've definitely made some good progress on this! Yes the pans are only 1.4g in size but I've been getting through them because I've been using both remaining shades on the eyes a lot - and you do need to build these on the eyes if you want them to show up.

You'll also note that I've panned the blush in the top middle, which I was able to do because it was pale enough that I could use it as a setting powder if I applied it very lightly. I did also use it as a blush a lot too.

There's a reasonable chance that I can pan the bright blush this month: I'm using it on the eyes, I'm using some mixed in with my setting powder (if I use a tiny bit, it brightens the face but doesn't turn me pink) and I'm also using it mixed with the Laura Mercier highlighter I'm panning to warm that up. So I'm coming at it from three angles and what's left is very flat so I can see it going within a month.

The gold highlighter might last a little longer, but you never know. Fingers crossed.


Last up, my custom palette. 

I've been using this a bit more lately because some of the mattes are good to mix with the smaller eyeshadow palettes I've been using as part of Project Dent, and also because over the last fortnight I've been focusing on some of the shadows so I can review them.

Here's how it looked last month:


And now:


As always, let's work in sections.

Left side of the palette, last month:


And now:


Ok, so there's been some pretty good progress in Nars Orgasm - partly because I'd worn down the top enough that once I hit pan, things expanded pretty quickly. My aim with this shade is to use it a little bit more and then crush up and re-press the remains into my franken-palette for future comparison swatches. Can't wait. This blush doesn't work for me at all.

There's a small dip now in Nars Cyprus and I hope to use that shadow a little more in October so I can finally review it.

As for the Doucce quad, you can see that I've made a huge amount of progress in the matte cream, although that's partly because I hit pan the day after my last update and there was already a big dip in the centre so I expanded the pan very quickly. As for the other three shades, I'm using those daily at the moment so I can review them, and you'll note the small changes in the surfaces of each pan.

Right upper side of the palette, last month:


And now:


The main changes here are in the Nars Isolde duo, although I have smoothed out the surface of the two Burberry blushes too (I use those as eyeshadows: they're both great transition shades).

What I plan to do with the Nars pans is get them to the very edges and then crush them up and mix them individually with some of the Laura Mercier highlighter I'm currently panning. This will give me two new highlight shades and I'll be sure to add plenty of binder to the mix because all three powders are too dry for my personal tastes.

Left lower chunk, as it was last month:


And now:


Ok, so the two Ardency Inn shadows (the golds at the bottom) will suffer the same fate as Nars Isolde: that is, when they're right at the edges I plan to crush them up and individually mix them with the Laura Mercier highlighter I'm panning. Reason being, they're too metallic so they emphasise lid texture and I think I'll like them better if I mix them with a more subdued highlighter to tone them down.

Otherwise the big news in this section is that I've hit pan in the purple shadow from Bleach London. This is a duochrome and I tend to only use it in playtime because I'm not a fan of duochromes on me. Perhaps I'll eventually mix the remains with the Laura Mercier highlighter too - there's quite a bit left of that so it may well spread itself between five pans. We'll see.

As for the other three shades, the only significant progress is in the dark brown Becca shadow, although admittedly it's hard to see the dip in the above photo.

In sum

That's all from me. I'm really hoping that I can finish off the Burberry and Hourglass palettes during October, although I've got my work cut out for me so I'm not sure how that will go.

Let me know in the comments how you're going with your own panning projects: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.