Project Dent 2018 update: Jaclyn Hill Palette, Morphe

/
0 Comments

I meant to update this post two days ago but I've been so far behind that I wasn't able to get to it until today. Hoh well. We're here now.

Do note, though, that I only ended up using this palette for a couple of weeks when I'd initially planned to dent it for a month. Reason being, I'd had enough of it after a fortnight and it's also not as versatile as you might think, given how many shadows it contains. That's my experience, anyway.


While I did enjoy playing around with this palette and I liked a lot of the mattes, I also found that many of the shimmers emphasised texture on my eyelids. It's true that this won't be a problem for everyone, but it's something I avoid in my eyeshadows so that's something to keep in mind.

I also feel that it's missing a few shades I need. There's so much warmth in this palette that I personally need some cooler mid-toned and transition shades to pull it back from looking too warm on my eyes. Plus the two highlight shades don't quite fit with the warmth of the palette (I need at least one warmer gold) and it's missing a matte cream. While I myself don't need a matte cream (I just use my setting powder as a base), I do know that this will be an issue for many.


Anyhoo! Progress shots.

Here's how the top left section looked two weeks ago:


And here's how it's looking now, after two weeks' daily use:


Now for the enhanced shots.

Two weeks ago:


Today:


So I can tell you that I have used all of the shadows in this section, even if only once, and I did swatch every shadow after I initially photographed it, which is also going to add some usage.

I've used the mid-toned mattes and transition shades the most (indeed, I've used them in almost every look), and these shades are probably my favourites in the whole palette.

Next, the upper right side of the palette, as it was two weeks ago (and noting that the first column is repeated):


And now: 


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


And now:


Again, all of the shadows in this section have been used. It's hard to see much progress in the mattes, but you should be able to see some movement in the shimmers especially.

So far my favourite colours in this section are the bronze (middle row, far right) and the milk chocolate brown (last row, second from the right), but I would need to play around with the palette more before settling on my overall favourites.

The lower left chunk of the palette (noting that the top row is repeated), two weeks ago:


And now: 


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


And now:


This section of the palette has had some reasonable use, especially considering that I normally avoid bold colours (I prefer neutral eyes and a brighter lip or cheek).

My two favourite shades in this section are probably the shimmery green (bottom row, second from the right) and also the taupe directly above it, although I do quite enjoy the bright purple too.

Last up, the bottom right chunk of the palette, as it was two weeks ago (noting that the top row is repeated):


And now: 
 

Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


And today:


This is my least-used section of the palette, although I'm pretty sure that I managed to get a brush into all of them.

I don't really have a favourite shadow in this section, although I do like that deep purple (bottom row, second from the right) because it's interesting and I don't have anything else like it.

In sum

Overall it was an ok round of Project Dent, although I didn't make a huge amount of progress because the palette was brand new when I started denting it and it's hard to make visible progress on 35 shades in only two weeks!

I'm definitely glad that I've used this palette, although I'm also glad to be moving on to something else. Yes I do like it and I especially like the mattes, but most of the shimmers crinkle up my eyelids so they're not particularly flattering on me personally.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x 


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.