September 2018 favourites

/
0 Comments
Hello and welcome to another monthly favourites post. 

As you may know, I've been doing my favourites at around the 20th of each month lately because it fits in better to move them away from the end of the month (when I have too many posts to write), so I still have a month between posts, it's just that the timing is a little different.

Unlike last month, this month it was easy to pick out my favourites because there's been some definite stand-outs. Let's have a look.


Marc Jacobs Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette in Edgitorial

Full review here. I included this palette as part of Project Dent this month and it was a pleasure to use. Not only do I love the formula of these Marc Jacobs septets, but I really love the different colour stories too: that's why I own five of them (oops).

This one in Edgitorial was the first one I bought and I still enjoy the shades. The greens are surprisingly wearable and I can use them in everyday looks, although I must admit that I prefer this palette for night. That bright yellow gold is just gorgeous and it always gives me a lift when I see it in the pan (not to mention when I put it on the eye).

Yes these palettes are expensive, but I reckon mine were worth the money because I love them and use them a lot.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion

This was another Project Dent item recently and using it again reminded me of how much I love it. As you may know, these Hourglass blushes are my absolute favourites and I always reach for them when I want to look my best. I've reviewed this one here.

The reason why I don't use this enough is because my two favourite shades are Incandescent Electra and this one, but they're both peach (this one's warm and Electra is cool) and I like Electra a tiny bit more on my skintone. 

Still, this one's gorgeous and I do need to whip it out more often. Indeed, I may pan it next year because it's the oldest blush in my collection and I would like to get my money's worth from it.


Origins Make a Difference Hand Treatment

Full review here. This came in a gift set and I like it so much that I already know I'll be buying the full size. I'm obsessed with it, and I'm picky with my hand creams so that's saying something.

It's a rich cream with a sweet, garden-like scent. What I love about this is that it absorbs well and really nourishes my dry hands, but it also doesn't leave a greasy residue so I can apply it and then go about my day without worrying that my fingers will be slipping all over the keyboard.

It has also helped nurse my poor, chilblain-covered hands back to health by targeting my dry, blistered skin and keeping it feeling comfortable, which is no mean feat. Definitely worth trying.


Alpha-H Daily Essential Vitamin Mist

I finished this off earlier in the month and I'm missing it already. I've been through a lot of hydrating face sprays in my time because I have dry skin, but there aren't many that work as well for me as this one did. I've reviewed it here.

It was beautifully hydrating and my skin absolutely loved it, so if you have dry skin and struggle to find face mists that are nourishing enough, I'd put this on your list of potentials.

My only issue with it is that it's very expensive and I get through face mists too quickly to warrant the outlay, but I'll certainly treat myself to it now and then in winter when my face is in need of some TLC. It's just lovely.


La Roche-Posay Serozinc

Full review here. Yep, another face mist. It's obviously been the month for face mists in September and I've enjoyed making two new discoveries and having some good ones on hand to carry me through the change of season (which often plays havoc with my skin).

I wasn't expecting to like this one because it's normally raved about by lasses with oily skin and I'm dry, and it's also marketed as a mattifying product that reduces shine and keeps oil and blemishes at bay - basically the opposite of what I want in a face mist.

However. I found this to be super cooling and soothing on my skin, and it was hydrating to boot. It also didn't suck the life from my skin or make me look powdered, so if you've also been avoiding this because your skin is dry, don't discount it. It works for me and I would absolutely buy it.

In sum

That's all from me. 

I hope you enjoyed this favourites post and that you have plenty of your own favourites for September.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.