September 2018 empties #1

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my first empties post for the month!

At the moment I seem to be doing pretty well with my empties and I expect to have enough finished products for three empties posts in September - that's if I have enough time to squeeze a third one it. We'll see.

And finishing off more products this month can only be a good thing, since I have my updated makeup inventory due at the end of September. Nervous!


OGX Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo & Conditioner

Full review here. These were the first two OGX products I used and they made me fall for the brand. I couldn't believe my luck when I found them: for the first time in my life, I'd used a shampoo/conditioner combo that took care of all my frizz so I didn't need to use any leave-in products or even straighten my hair. Unbelievable!

Plus they smell divine and don't cost the earth (and they're often on special in the chemist or supermarket), so I can see myself using these forever. Indeed, I've already been through a good few bottles by now and it looks like they're here to stay. Repurchase? Yes.


Nude by Nature Moisture Infusion Lip Gloss in 01 Bare

I haven't used many products from Nude by Nature, but what I have used hasn't suited my skin at all so I'd basically written off the brand - until I was sent this lip gloss to review and really enjoyed it. I've reviewed it here.

It's a plush, hydrating kind of formula that isn't sticky and it feels comfortable on the lips. Do note, though, that it only contains 3.75ml of product and I burned through mine within a few weeks because it doesn't last well so I was always reapplying it. Still, I liked it and I liked the long/thin applicator too. Purchase? No.

Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lipcolour in Vineyard

Full review here. I did like the formula of this lipstick but unfortunately this particular shade travelled up vertical lip lines within an hour of wear so it wasn't the right product for me because it looked very shabby, very quickly.

Still, I liked how lightweight and comfortable it felt on the lips, and I also liked how hydrating the formula was. Indeed, I have two more of these and I'm pleased to report that the one I'm testing now doesn't travel along lip lines so hopefully I can continue to explore the range now I've established that Vineyard was just a dud. Repurchase? Not in this colour.


Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturising Body Oil

Full review here. I love this stuff and it's been my HG body oil ever since I first tried it. It's beautifully rich and hydrating, and a little goes a long way so the bottle lasts a good while and it's also reasonably priced.

It has that trademark Palmer's cocoa butter scent and I really enjoy the fragrance, although you mightn't like it if you don't like products that smell. What I like doing most with this oil is applying it after I've exfoliated: my skin drinks it up something chronic. Highly recommended. Repurchase? Yes.

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation in Y305

I liked this foundation but it wasn't my favourite of the three I own so I decided to pan it because I wasn't reaching for it enough. I've reviewed it here.

I liked that it applied and blended well, and it also didn't sit in texture like open pores around the hairline. Plus it was a hydrating formula so it suited my dry skin. Unfortunately, though, it didn't airbrush my skin like my other foundations do and I also found that I needed to use more of it than my other products because it's not super pigmented. Still, it was decent. Repurchase? No.


Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream

Full review here. I've really enjoyed most Antipodes products I've tried but this one wasn't quite as good as I was expecting. Reason being, it felt like a barrier cream more than one that penetrates my skin and delivers moisture, so I ended up using it as an overnight cream because it worked well to seal-in my other products.

When I tried to use it as my day cream, I felt that it sat on top of my skin while leaving my face feeling dry underneath it, and it was quite thick and heavy for day use so I reckon it suited the overnight spot better. It wasn't an awful product and it certainly felt lovely and soothing when applied, but it wasn't right for me generally. Repurchase? No.

Skin by Ecostore Multi Nutrient Face Oil

This oil came as a freebie from Priceline, and while I did like it, I also found that it was more expensive than other pharmacy-brand oils I've tried and it also contained less product, so I probably wouldn't buy it. I've reviewed it here.

Still, it was lightweight and reasonably hydrating so it worked well for both day and night use, and I reckon it would suit those who don't like super heavy or greasy oils. For me, though, it wasn't quite nourishing enough and I seemed to need quite a lot per application. Purchase? No.


Alpha-H Essential Daily Moisturiser SPF 30+

Full review here. I love Alpha-H products and while there's nothing wrong with this moisturiser, I have other day creams and sunscreens that I prefer. 

It's fine as a sunscreen but I don't love it as a face cream because it's greasy and doesn't brighten, plump and hydrate as other face creams do. It got used because sunscreen always does and it doesn't clog pores, but I wouldn't go out and buy it. Thankfully this one was a GWP so I didn't spend money on it. Purchase? No.

Monde Reve Angel Wash Cleanser

The problem with this cleanser is that it has an alkaline pH of 8.3, which I understand is a big no-no in skincare. It's a foaming cleanser but I haven't been able to find out whether it contains SLS, so I can't tell you whether it's a product to avoid for this particular reason.

What I can tell you is that never once has it irritated my dry, sensitive skin - nor has it stripped it - even with daily use. I often find cleansers too astringent, so that's saying something. 

If you want to hear me rave about it something chronic, please see my full review here. In short, it feels so beautifully light and, quite frankly, ethereal on the skin (so the 'Angel Wash' name is bang-on), but I don't want to say 'buy it!' because I'm not qualified to tell you whether or not it's skin-safe. Repurchase? Maybe.

In sum

That's my first empties post for the month!

My favourite products in this lot were the OGX shampoo and conditioner, and also the Palmer's body oil. Everything else I can take or leave.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.