Skincare low buy: three month update

/
0 Comments

It's been a month since my last low buy update (see that post here) so I thought I'd sneak in my next one today.

Reason being, I have bought a few items this month (on clearance from Priceline) and I know I won't be buying anything else during the last bit of September, so I might as well post on this now while I remember to do so!

This month was a pretty easy month in terms of keeping my purchases down and I didn't really think about it. Indeed, I haven't spent anywhere near my budget for September so I do have some extra dollars up my sleeve to spend in the months ahead - a good thing, since I often end up purchasing a few skincare gift packs over the festive period, because they're generally good value and give me a good overall sense of a brand.

Let's have a look.

* Image courtesy of innoxa.com.au

Innoxa Anti-Ageing Renew Exfoliator (RRP $14.95 AUD for 100ml; I paid $7)

This is described as an anti-ageing, tri-performance facial exfoliator that promotes smoothness, radiance and purity. Exfoliating microspheres refine skin texture, and salicylic acid and glycolic acid promote natural exfoliation and help repair skin while promoting a youthful, luminous complexion.

I essentially bought this because it was on clearance for less than half-price and I knew I would need another exfoliant within the next few months. I haven't tried a lot from Innoxa so I'll be interested to see how it goes. It hasn't had great reviews, and if it doesn't work for my face then I'll just use it as a body scrub because I'm always low on those. Looking forward.


* Image courtesy of adorebeauty.com.au

Trilogy Gentle Facial Exfoliant (RRP $38.95 AUD for 75ml; I paid $20)

This claims to gently and effectively remove surface debris and improve skin clarity. It's formulated with natural, biodegradable and non-abrasive jojoba wax spheres, and it should polish the face without irritation or compromising the skin’s natural barrier function. Ingredients include rosehip, jojoba and camellia.

As you may know, I've been exploring Trilogy's range lately - and thankfully I've been able to find quite a few products on clearance so I haven't paid much for them. I likely won't get to opening this until next year, but it's well within expiry (thankfully Trilogy products have best before dates on them), so I'll get to it eventually. I'm picky with my exfoliants but let's hope this one hits the mark.

* Image courtesy of priceline.com.au

Trilogy Mineral Radiance Mask (RRP $31.95 AUD for 60ml; I paid $15)

This claims to energise, purify and deeply cleanse with rosehip, kaolin and pohutukawa. It contains mineral-rich kaolin clay that should deliver instant radiance with a deep cleansing action. Native New Zealand pohutukawa extract helps tone and regenerate while emollient oils rosehip and evening primrose nourish and hydrate.

It's been a long time since I bought a face mask because for a while there I had so many of them and I wasn't getting through them, but I've got my numbers down now so when I saw this on clearance, I decided to try it. If I'm picky with exfoliants, I'm even more picky with my face masks because they require extra time - so they have to be brilliant for me to bother with them. Hopefully this one does something.


In sum

So I spent a total of $42 on skincare this month, and funnily enough, last month I only spent $43. Perhaps it's time to reduce my skincare budget down from $100 - although as mentioned above, I do want to have some cash up my sleeve to spend when the festive gift sets start coming out.

I guess what I'll do is get myself through the festive period and then look at reducing my budget for next year.

That's all from me. Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


* All images courtesy of unsplash.com unless otherwise indicated


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.