The big declutter 2017: declutter round #3

/
0 Comments

I went to draft this post yesterday, thinking it was my second declutter of the year, and discovered that in fact I've already done two so we're now on to my third and it's only the beginning of April.

This surprises me because I don't know how it is that I always seem to wind up with extra stuff, even now when I'm buying less and subscribed to less beauty boxes - or at least, beauty boxes that don't show up every month.

Anyhoo. As always none of these products will go to waste unless they're very old and unusable, and most will either be gifted (if they're new); given away to friends/family (if they're not new); or donated to a women's shelter, which is my preferred place to send makeup and skincare: they need it more than my friends and family do.


John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Shampoo & Conditioner 

These came in my recent box from The Parcel, and since I don't have blonde hair, I won't use them so I'll gift them to a friend who will. They're meant to be very good and they should neutralise yellow tones to renew blonde colour. 

I don't mind receiving the occasional product from a sub box that won't work for me, but Marie Claire included a full-sized haircare treatment for blondes only two boxes ago so I think that's a bit cheeky.

Still, at least someone will use them.
  

Doucce Liquid Wear Eyeliner 

This is apparently highly pigmented and waterproof, and it has a matte finish. The fine tip should allow you to create bold, precise lines with one stroke.

This came in my recent box from Maslow & Co (it was the Maven Gift for the month), and I'm sure that others will be happy to see it because many people wear eyeliner, but mine is getting passed on because I just don't use it. 

I do have a friend who wears it, however, so I'm sure she'll gladly receive it: I do much prefer to pass things on to people who'll really enjoy them, rather than opening them and using them once before leaving them to gather dust.

Burt's Bees Lip Crayon in Carolina Coast

These crayons are described as creamy, full-coverage matte lip colours that provide lightweight moisture for a comfortable, everyday wear formula.

I've reviewed one here. A lot of people seem to enjoy them but I didn't like mine because I found it really waxy and rather drying, so I decluttered it and I'll declutter this one too. This also came in my recent box from The Parcel and I may yet pass on more from that box, so it wasn't a good box overall for me! 


Jeunesse Global Instantly Ageless 50 x 0.3ml sachets 

These came in one of my Ageless Parcels and I did try them once but the product balled up on my face and left my skin feeling dry and awful, so I'm not even going to bother using them enough to review them.

They apparently contain a hydrating microcream (whatever that is) that helps restore fullness while minimising the appearance of pores and fine lines. They're meant to target any decrease in your skin's firmness and elasticity, and you apply them in the morning before makeup.

I'll probably donate these: hopefully they work better for others and someone will enjoy them.

White Glo Express Whitening Treatment

I used to use this to whiten my teeth but I stopped using it during my pregnancies and also while I was breastfeeding since you're not meant to use this stuff during those times (or at least that's what it says on the box: I never did ask my obstetrician whether that was true).

Unfortunately my tube is too old now so it's gone straight into the bin, but I did use half of it before getting pregnant so it's not the worst waste in the world. I don't like throwing out products that aren't empty but it does sometimes happen to all of us.

In sum

That's all for my little declutter! I do like decluttering regularly, just so I can send things to a better home while they're still well within expiry - plus it keeps my collection from getting too overwhelming throughout the year.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.