April 2018 favourites

/
0 Comments
I have a few posts that are ready to write but I haven't finished editing the photos for those so this morning I've decided to write my monthly favourites. 

We'll likely be heading to the beach with the kids shortly before it gets too hot (we're away in Noosa at the moment) so I don't have huge amounts of time and I'd rather write a post I can finish before we leave.

Sounds like a good day for my monthly favourites. 


The Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid 5%

Full review here. I've used quite a few products from The Ordinary now and this is probably my favourite, although I do also like the oils and the glycolic acid toner.

It's an intense treatment that you apply every few days and I wouldn't use it any more than that or you'll risk irritating your skin. Indeed, I can't use it after any other treatment because it's too strong and it feels like it's burning, so I make sure that I give my skin at least a day's rest after using eg one of my chemical peels.

What it does is resurface and brighten the skin, and it really kills that top layer of dead skin so that my face feels beautifully smooth on the morning after I've used it, plus it looks younger and fresher. A great little product and also a cheap one.


Korres Black Pine 3D Sculpting, Firming & Lifting Night Cream

This came as a sample in our last Mecca Beauty Loop boxes and I was pleased to try it because I really enjoyed it and it's on my list of potential purchases. I've reviewed it here.

I liked that it was lightweight and it did have a firming effect because it made my skin feel a little tighter. It was also hydrating enough for my dry skin and a little went a long way so even this 15ml sample lasted me a good while.

Funnily enough, I liked this so much that I gave it an HG tag - which I wouldn't normally do with a sample, but the tube did last me long enough to make that call so I decided I had to make it because I liked it that much. Definitely worth testing.


Bondi Sands Liquid Gold Self Tanning Dry Oil

Full review here. This is a cult-favourite and I can see why. It's been on my list of products to try for ages and I'm so glad I finally did because it's now my go-to self-tanner.

It's a thin, dry oil that smells like coconut and it comes in a spray bottle so it's easy to use and not too messy. The product is a neutral tan colour and you can see where you've applied it, and the colour develops over the next few hours so I wouldn't apply too much of it to start with: it's better to start small and see how you're looking once the colour has settled in.

I also like that it lasts longer than most self-tanners I've tried so I don't need to apply it more than once a week, and the colour it offers is a believable tan shade that isn't too warm or orange. Love.


The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG

This is a great little product and I'm so glad I've tried it - it's another one from The Ordinary that I would absolutely buy again. I've reviewed it here.

I use mine in the morning because it has a brightening, firming effect so it's a good product to apply beneath my makeup. It also tightens my eye-skin a little and plumps up lines, so again, it's a good product to use before you apply your makeup.

I also like that it's hydrating enough to use alone (even on my dry skin), and although I prefer a richer cream for night, this is the perfect product to apply in the morning. Worth trying.


Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea

Full review here. You may remember that Mario Badescu does a rosewater spray that everyone loves, and this one's even better - or at least that's my opinion.

The reason why I think this one's better, is because it's more soothing, cooling and refreshing when applied. Indeed, it's a great little product to have on-hand for those hot summer days.

While it doesn't do anything amazing in terms of setting makeup or plumping up fine lines, what it does do is hydrate the skin beautifully so it's perfect for my dry skin because I can apply some whenever my skin feels parched. Plus it's cheap. Huzzah.

In sum

This turned into a skincare-only favourites post and that's ok. While I do have some makeup items I've been loving this month, they haven't stood out to me as much as the above products have so that's why they didn't make the cut.

Do let me know in the comments what your monthly favourites are: I'd love to hear.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.