Project Dent 2018 update: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Vol 3

/
0 Comments

I actually started denting this product back on the 30th of March, and today's the 29th of April so I've been denting it for a month.

While I normally only let Project Dent run for two weeks, in this case I extended it because I wanted to travel with this palette so there was no point in winding up a round of Project Dent only to take this palette away with me and use it daily anyway.


Do note, however, that even though I've been denting it for that long, I did bring another Hourglass travel palette away with me so for the last two weeks, I've been using both of them. This means that the blushes in this got used daily for the first half of the denting period but not for the second half.

Still, it's had a good run and it's now time to put it aside so I can focus on other things.


If you're interested, my Project Dent intro post for this palette is here.

And I've reviewed it here if you'd like to see that.

Let's get straight into progress shots.

Here's how my palette looked one month ago, when I introduced it to Project Dent:


And here's how it's looking now, after one month of use:


Let's enhance the above shots for clarity.

Last month:


Today:


Ok, so there's been some movement and I can see visible changes in the surface of all six powders - even in the photos (more so in real life).

Both the setting powders, Diffused Light (top left) and Dim Light (top right) are showing visible progress and this doesn't surprise me because I've used them every day. Dim Light especially is looking flatter, which makes sense because I use it over my whole face while I mostly use Diffused Light under my eyes. 

Between those is the highlighter, and that's definitely flatter in the centre of the pan (over quite a wide surface area). You should be able to see this in the photo above. This isn't my favourite Hourglass highlighter so I've mostly been using it on the body and sometimes on the eyes, but I'm pleased to see visible progress nonetheless.

As for the bronzer, I've used so much of this that the surface swirls look completely different. Indeed, if you compare the before and after shots, you'd be forgiven for thinking they weren't the same product! Just looking at how it compares to the blushes (which I've used the least), after one month of solid use I've used perhaps one sixth of the bronzer (if that), so looks like this little 1.3g pan would last at least six months of daily use. Not bad!

Last up, the blushes. I haven't used the purple one much as a blush but you should be able to see that I've used a good chunk of the gold swirl (bottom middle). It's a colour I really love on the eyes. The pink one is showing visible progress in the centre, and that's because I used it quite a bit on the eyes. These blushes will of course be the last men standing when I eventually pan this palette. Blushes usually are.

Overall it's been a good round of Project Dent and I'm looking forward to working out what I want to dent next.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.