Project Dent 2018 update: Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Contour Palette

/
0 Comments

I've been denting this palette for over two weeks now, so it's definitely time to wrap-up this round of Project Dent and start working out which item I'm going to dent next.

As with the Too Faced palette I dented alongside this, I wasn't expecting to see much progress over a two-week period, and indeed there isn't much but I can see some.


I must have owned this palette for something like six months now, and while I have used it, I haven't used it a lot.

Problem is, I'm always panning something and so many of my products get cast aside for a good deal of the year - which is of course why I started doing Project Dent in the first place. Through this project, I can make sure that everything I own sees some good use every year.


The question is whether I love this palette as much as everyone else does, and I have to say at this point that I'm not sure I do. Yes I like the formula and yes I can see why it's a staple for many, but I personally feel that it's quite a limiting palette despite having twelve different shades.

Indeed, I find many of the shades to be interchangeable on my colouring - which could partly be because I don't wear heavy eye looks, and when you're wearing things lightly, they're more likely to look the same - but I have heard others say that this palette doesn't do enough for them so I know I'm not the only one.

Anyhoo. Here's how the left quad of my palette looked back on 15 April:


And here's how it's looking today, 1 May:


Below I've enhanced the above two shots for clarity.

Two weeks ago:


Now:


Middle quad, two weeks ago:


Now:


Two weeks ago, enhanced:


Now, enhanced:


Right quad, two weeks ago:


Today:


Two weeks ago, enhanced:


Today, enhanced:


So I can see some movement in all twelve shades, but there's certainly not much progress to speak of. Indeed, I think it would take another round or two of Project Dent to get anywhere with this palette, so I may just have to bring it back later on in the year.

Do note that I haven't reviewed it this time around because I want to spend more time with it before I give you my thoughts. For me, a review is more useful if you sit on things for a while after you've bought a product: that way you'll know whether it stands the test of time.

That's all from me for today. All that's left to do now is pick out my next item for Project Dent! 

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.