Project Pan 2018: April update

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my April Project Pan update.

As mentioned earlier, I'm a few days late because we went up to Noosa for ten days so I wasn't able to take photos and post until I returned, but we're here now so that's the main thing.

As you can see above, I've finished four more products: my Alpha-H and Peter Thomas Roth masks, as well as two lip products from Alpha-H and NYX.

There's the marker sheet for the NYX product:


The marker sheet also shows my progress on the Savvy brow pencil, as well as my markers for the new items I'll be introducing below.

As for the rest of my list:


Here's what's left:

  • J.One Jelly Pack
  • Chantecaille Just Skin Anti Smog Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15
  • BareMinerals BareSkin Serum Concealer in Medium Golden
  • RCMA No Colour Powder
  • Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed
  • Laura Mercier Baked Powder in Highlight 01
  • Savvy Eyebrow Pencil & Wax in Light
  • Skinstitut Enzymatic Micro Peel
  • Elizabeth Arden Fragrance in Green Tea
  • Revlon Uniq One Hair Treatment
  • Hair Nutrition Tamanu Oil Serum
  • Revlon Balm Stain in 001 Honey
  • NXY Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Castle
  • Alpha-H Absolute Lip Perfector
  • Jurlique's Love Balm in Rose
  • Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer
  • Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask
  • Alpha-H Balancing & Pore Refining Mask with Jojoba

So I finished ten products this month. Woot woot! That's up there with one of my best months ever (twelve products finished), and it leaves me with eight items total so I'll introduce two more below.

Let's have a quick look at each item in turn.


Above is how my Urban Decay bronzer looked when I introduced it to my list during April.

And here's how it looks at the end of April:


As you can see, I've made some reasonable progress on this already - even though I was only using it on my body (focusing on denting an Hourglass bronzer for my face) throughout most of April - so I'm starting to think that I may just be able to pan it by my next makeup inventory post at the end of June. We'll see.

Note that the left side of the product has lifted off the pan (you can see this in both photos above), which means that whenever my brush hits that side, chunks flake away from the pan. Annoying. And extra annoying because this bronzer is relatively new and it's still well within expiry. Erk.

I suppose this will help progress move faster, but I'm not happy that I'm not getting quite as much value from this as I should: those chunks often fall on the floor and I can't use them.


Above is how my Laura Mercier highlighter looked last month.

And below is how it's looking now:


Hopefully you can tell that there's now a flattened area across the centre of the pan. Indeed, the product has become a bit softer now that I've moved past the surface layer, which means that it's moving faster.

Do note that once I've used more of this, I plan to retain a small amount to store in my Franken-palette for future swatch comparisons (perhaps 0.5g), so although I'll be panning most of it, I'm off the hook for that small amount.

This will likely last out the whole year, however, so there's a long way to go.


Next, my RCMA setting powder. I've been using this daily since I introduced it, but the line of powder hasn't changed so I haven't marked it again. I think this is because when I shake some out into the container I'm keeping it in, this unsettles the powder and more air gets trapped between the grains so the powder 'puffs up' and the level can sometimes look even higher than my original marker was. This makes it hard to judge progress but there's nothing I can do about it so I'll just have to hope that I get through it eventually (!).

My Savvy brow pencil: there's only a week's worth of use left in this (if that), and I almost considered including it in my empties for this month but decided to keep it going a little longer. There's not much time before it becomes impossible to hold, use and sharpen, so expect to see it in my empties soon.


The BareMinerals concealer I haven't bothered to mark again because I don't think the product has moved any further this month, even though I've used it almost every day. It may be that more product has moved down the side and settled at the bottom (which would explain why the marker hasn't shifted), or otherwise I can't see how much I've used through the tube. Both are possible. I'm going to occasionally use this as a foundation from now on, in an attempt to get through it this month. It's getting old now so it's time for it to go.

As for the Chantecaille tinted moisturiser, you can see that the marker has moved around halfway down the tube when compared to where it was, so there's a chance that I may finish it during May. While I think that June is more likely, it's clear that I need to review this sooner rather than later before it vanishes! I do like this product but I'll be glad to finish it so I can focus on something else.


My J.One Jelly Pack: I use this perhaps four times a week and that's enough for me at the moment. I've been panning primers for years and I'm sick of using the same one every day, so I don't mind slowing progress down and having more opportunity to use the rest of my collection. At this rate I'll be panning it for six months, but I can live with that if it means working on other primers at the same time.

The Skinstitut mask is getting more use now that I've finished the other two masks on my list. I expect this to be gone sometime in June, and while I love it and would buy it again, I need to finish it because it's been open too long.

As for my replacements:


I've picked two for May: another lip product and also my Marc Jacobs eyeliner.

While at the moment I'm preferring to pan non-makeup items to give myself the freedom to use the products in my collection, I do have my June makeup inventory in mind so it's not a bad idea for me to try to push out a few more items before then.


The first is my Maybelline lipstick in 555 Naked Coral. I haven't reviewed it yet but I've used this formula before and know I really like it, so I'm happy to pan it until it's done.

It's brand new so there's a fair chance that I won't finish it before my June inventory, but I'll certainly try to knock it out before then. Looking forward!


Last up, my Marc Jacobs eyeliner. I've marked this and the lipstick on my sheet above, and you may notice that there's not a heap of this left, but I only ever line my upper waterline with it so I can see it lasting a good few months.

It's a great formula but I prefer brown liner so I'll be happy to move it out of my collection.

In sum

That's all from me.

I hope you enjoyed this little post, and that you're going well with your own panning projects.

At some point in the next week or so I plan to do a 2018 Project Pan tally post so I can count up everything I've finished to date. I'll be interested to see how we're looking!

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.