Pan that Palette 2018: April update (Burberry, Hourglass etc)

/
0 Comments

Hello and welcome to my Pan that Palette update for April.

I'm sneaking this post in two days early because we're leaving tomorrow for ten days, and since I normally do my Pan that Palette updates around the 20th of each month, we're reasonably close to that so it's better I do it today and not when we get back.

Do note that I'll wait to do my Project Pan update until we get back, though, since I normally do those on the 25th - so I'll only be a few days late when we return.

Anyhoo! Let's have a look.


First up, my Burberry quad. 

I'm getting sick of this already, I must say. Mind you, at least I'm mixing it with other shadows (these Burberry shades don't work well for me on their own, aside from the dusty rose - which I'm not intending to finish this year), so I'm not getting bored of my eye looks. What I am sick of, however, is the hassle of dipping my brush into these shades every day before I apply other shadows. Blurgh.

Here's how it looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now, after one month of use:


So I've made some good progress on this: the green and pale bronze shades especially. I've been using those every day mixed in with other shadows, and I'm starting to get through them a little faster now because they're becoming softer and more flaky over time.

The dusty rose I've barely used but that's ok because I want to keep it (it's the only shadow I like in this palette), and the brown is getting used every day on my brows, mixed with the green to make it paler and cooler so my brows don't look too block-y. Getting there. Slowly.

I should be able to finish off the palest shade by the end of May. Looking forward! 


Next up, my Hourglass blush palette. I expected to get sick of this eventually but I'm not: I still love it just as much as I did the day I bought it. 

Indeed, I sometimes work on other blushes for a while but I always have a break from those so I can use Incandescent Electra (middle) again. It's my HG and I reckon it always will be.

Here's how my palette looked last month:


And here's how it's looking now:


So there's been some movement in all three shades.

I'm finally starting to see a reasonable amount of pan in that top right third of Luminous Flush (left), which makes me happy because this is my least-favourite shade and the one that I'll likely be stuck with at the end. I'm using this every day mixed in with my highlighter, and I'm also using it on the eyes often enough.

As for Incandescent Electra (middle), this is the one I mostly use for my blush, and you'll see from the before and after shots that I've slowly been working on clearing out particular sections of the pan (eg in the top left).

Mood Exposure is the one I'm using as my setting powder: to do this, I scrape out the Mood Light sections of the pan, crush those and apply them, and I often use the plum pigment as part of my eye looks. This will likely be the first shade to go, and I expect it to be gone in a couple of months.


Last up, my custom palette - which I've now recharged so it's looking rather different than it does in the above photo.

Here's how it looked at the end of March, before I recharged it (see my full recharging update here if you're interested):


Here's how it looked after I recharged it:


And here's how it's looking now:


Left side of the palette first. Here's how it looked last month:


And here we are now:


I'll just focus on the two big changes, this being what's happened to my Clarins bronzer and also the fact that I've hit pan in what remains of Cindy-Lou and Mary-Lou (mixed) from theBalm.

To be honest, I don't know what's happened to the Clarins bronzer. I did add binder when I re-pressed it into a smaller pan, but as you can see, it's cracked itself into god knows what. I haven't dropped it, I haven't been rough with it, but still it has cracked itself into oblivion and I've lost a few chunks when they've fallen to the floor (that's why I've hit pan so early). I can't wait to see this one gone.

As for the highlighter (bottom right), I was able to hit pan on this so quickly because it's been re-pressed countless times now so what's left is quite soft and crumbly. I've been using this as a body highlighter and I'm looking forward to finally finishing it.

As for the other powders, I've used all of them a few times each but there's no real progress to speak of so I won't waste words on them in this update.

Right side of the palette, last month:


And now:


Again, let's just focus on the obvious changes.

The orange Stila shade (bottom left) is now showing decent pan. I use this a lot so that doesn't surprise me, and it's also been in Pan that Palette for two years running now so it's nice to see that I'm finally getting somewhere with it.

Next to that is Nars Sin (a blush I've re-pressed into a smaller pan to use as an eyeshadow), and as you can see, I've expanded the pan in this shade and it's finally starting to look as though it won't last much longer. Hoorary for that.

I have used the other four shades occasionally but not much, so I'll talk about them another time.

Bottom right of the palette, as it was last month:


And here's how it's looking now:
  

The only real progress to speak of here is in the two Ardency Inn shadows on the bottom right. I don't use those in my daily eye looks because they're not flattering on me (plus the purple has a lot of fall-out), but I do use them in the afternoons before my shower when I'm having some playtime with my makeup. I enjoy my daily playtime so I still see that as 'valid' use.

As for the other six shades, I haven't done much with these so we can talk about them another time.

In sum

That's all from me!

I hope you enjoyed this little post and that you're going well with your own panning projects. Do include any links in the comments so I can follow you and watch your progress.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.