Project Dent 2018: Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Contour Palette

/
0 Comments

I meant to introduce this eyeshadow palette to Project Dent over the weekend but couldn't because the weather has been rubbish so I haven't had any sun to take photos of it.

Thankfully the sun was out this morning so I quickly took some shots before it vanished again. Indeed, this time of year is always the worst for photos: not only do I never know when the sun will be out, but if it does come out, it's rarely out at a good time and it's also in a weird position at this time of year so I can't take shots where I normally do.

Anyhoo. Moving on.


I must have had this palette for something like six months now but I've barely used it, for the simple reason that I've been focusing on the products I'm panning and while yes, I do use 'non panning' items on weekends, this hasn't been the palette I've reached for because I haven't used it enough yet to know whether it's a favourite - meaning I've been using my known favourites on the days I have off.

It's time for that to change, which is why I've decided to take it away with me when we go up to Queensland this week.


I'll be interested to see if this palette is as good as everyone says it is, I must say. It's a staple for many and I do love a neutral matte palette, but when I've needed a matte palette, I've tended to reach for my Too Faced Natural Matte Eyeshadow Collection. 

Yes that's partly because I'm more familiar with the Too Faced palette (I've had it for years and I know that it works for me with very little effort), but it's also because I prefer the colour selection of the Too Faced one: although it has less shades, it has more interesting colours whereas this one's a whole lot of brown.

Indeed, you'll see from the photos below that it's pretty boring to look at.

There's the neutral quad (left side):


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


There's the cool quad (middle):


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


Last up, the warm quad (right):


Same shot, enhanced:


So you can probably see what I mean when I say that this is a pretty boring-looking palette. Yes I'm normally an advocate for boring palettes because I know that I'll use them to death, but in this case it crosses the line from usable territory into meh territory. I'm hoping that this round of Project Dent will make me change my mind, and that after using it daily for a couple of weeks, it will look a bit more interesting to me so I'll be more likely to reach for it in future.

You should also be able to tell from the photos that while I have used this, I haven't used it much and there certainly isn't any real visible progress to speak of - just a few brush marks in most of the shades and no dips or dents in anything.

My aim over the denting period will be to make this look a little more loved. I don't know whether I'll be able to get any visible dents happening in that time, but I'll certainly try.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.