Project Dent 2018: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

/
0 Comments

I've spent the last couple of days working out what makeup I'm going to take up to Queensland when we leave next week, and this morning I settled on the two eyeshadow palettes I'll travel with.

The first is this Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette, and the second is my Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye (I'll post on that tomorrow). 

I'm taking the KVD because I want something neutral and matte and I haven't used it enough (it's new and I've been too busy panning other things), and I chose this one for a bit of shimmer and colour. 


I also chose this palette because I don't use it enough. Not because I don't like it (I do), but because it's not a stand-alone palette for me - and if it's not stand-alone, I won't reach for it. I don't have time these days to fiddle with more than one eyeshadow palette when I'm rushing to get ready (who does).

This makes it a good one to pair with the KVD, and I'll have more time on holiday because my parents and also my sister-in-law (plus her partner) are coming with us, so we'll be outnumbering the toddlers three-to-one. Bonus. Plenty of time to muck around with eyeshadow.


Now of course I won't be getting that fussy with my makeup while we're away because we'll be swimming with the kids a lot and what's the point. But there'll certainly be time in the evenings to muck around before dinner, and I'm really looking forward to having the chance to take time with my makeup, rather than just throwing on the products I'm panning and being done with it.

On that, I'm only taking one of my items from Pan that Palette (being my Hourglass blush palette, because I would miss Incandescent Electra too much if I didn't) and I'm also planning on leaving some of the items from my Project Pan list behind.

Why? Because I want to travel with as little as possible while giving myself an opportunity to dust off some things that haven't been getting enough use, this palette included.

Enough preamble.

Here's how my palette is looking today, 13 April 2018:


Same shot, enhanced for clarity:


Yep, there's barely any progress to speak of and I would like to change that over the denting period.

As mentioned above, this isn't a stand-alone palette for me because it's too warm (I've reviewed it here if you're interested). I always need a matte, mid-toned taupe or grey (even a purple) when I use it, otherwise my eye-look travels into allergic reaction territory. 

I mean, just imagine this palette with a pale matte dusty lavender and a mid-toned, purple-based matte taupe (I would switch out Extra Creamy and Spread the Love). Sounds good, yes? Or maybe that's just me.

Anyhoo. I'm rambling. My aim over the denting period will be to get a visible dip happening in most of the shades, if not all of them. I should be able to achieve that over the next 2.5 weeks, and I'll look forward to reporting back and letting you know how I've done.

Hope all's well with you, and speak soon x


You may also like

No comments:

littlewhitetruths. Powered by Blogger.